Thursday, November 17, 2011

Review: Yesterday's Lies by Terri D.

Yesterday's Lies by Terri D.
Published: March 2011

Summary:
What secrets do you keep from the one you share everything with? Secrets. Lies. Half-Truths. A poignant tale of a circle of close knit friends whose lives are more intertwined than they realize. That is until the blurred lines of love, lust and friendship begins to reveal the half-truths and lies that exist. Will the secrets they all hold from the past ruin their friendship and lives forever?

My thoughts:
I really thought I was going to like this book from the summary of it. Unfortunately, that was not the case. This story is told from the point of view of 8 different characters. This just seems to be too many in the first place. On top of that, it switches from the point of view of one character to the point of view from another character after only one paragraph in most cases. It was too confusing trying to switch gears and keep up with whose P.O.V. you were reading at the time. The conversations are choppy and unbelievable. Repetition interrupted the flow of reading. A person would think something and then immediately say the exact same thing out loud, so the reader is forced to read the exact same thing twice. A lot of things happen or are unveiled at the end of the book, and you are left feeling like there were too many loose ends left unanswered. 

I would say pass on this one. I hate writing a negative review, but I felt like I was reading a rough draft. (I do have a review copy but I was simply warned about the typos. As far as I know, nothing else was or had been changed between that copy and the final.) It has potential if it is developed more and the writing in general is cleaned up.

A copy of this book was provided by the author for review.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate your candor and will take your comments to heart as I complete my next project which is a sequel.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs With Pictures from Pinkparis1233
Use Your Imagination Designs