Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Skinny by Donna Cooner - Waiting on Wednesday

Okay, I'll admit it. I just read this on Sunday. Literally. I started it Sunday morning, and it was so good that I read all of it by late Sunday afternoon. Since I enjoyed it so much, I just had to spotlight here.

Skinny by Donna Cooner
Expected publication: October 1, 2012
by Scholastic

Find your voice.

Hopeless. Freak. Elephant. Pitiful. These are the words of Skinny, the vicious voice that lives inside fifteen-year-old Ever Davies’s head. Skinny tells Ever all the dark thoughts her classmates have about her. Ever knows she weighs over three hundred pounds, knows she’ll probably never be loved, and Skinny makes sure she never forgets it.

But there is another voice: Ever’s singing voice, which is beautiful but has been silenced by Skinny. Partly in the hopes of trying out for the school musical—and partly to try and save her own life—Ever decides to undergo a risky surgery that may help her lose weight and start over.

With the support of her best friend, Ever begins the uphill battle toward change. But demons, she finds, are not so easy to shake, not even as she sheds pounds. Because Skinny is still around. And Ever will have to confront that voice before she can truly find her own.


Add on Goodreads. 

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine

5 comments:

  1. My sister is reading this right now~ It is very short but the story sounds fabulous!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this book. I keep hearing great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to meet Donna this weekend she's a lovely person and she read from Skinny! It was heartbreaking! Great choice!

    Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one makes a little nervous, but I'm intrigued by the premise. Great choice.

    New Follower. :]

    Here's Our WoW

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs With Pictures from Pinkparis1233
Use Your Imagination Designs